Thursday, October 30, 2008

Hallelujah! It's (not so terribly expensive) gasoline!

So today I spent 1.98/gallon on gas, and you should have seen the look on people's faces when I did a happy dance and gave a whoop right there at the gas station as I filled my nasty, honking Suburban up (cause you gotta have somewhere to store 124 kids, right?) for FIFTY FOUR DOLLARS. Shall I say it again? FIFTY FOUR! At the height of the recent gas "crisis", for lack of a better term, I had hit 100/fill up.

There are tears in my eyes right now.

In unrelated news, the older kids' Halloween outfits turned out great-- pictures coming soon (when I figure it out :)). They are Olympians this year, and are wearing suits that I absolutely love because they were a) cheap, b) reuseable, and c) required no makeup. Just some matching sweatsuits, some laurel wreaths made out of a cheap silk greenery stem, and some even cheaper gold medals picked up from US Toy for less than .50 each. Success!!! The funniest part of it is that Annemarie chose to wear her leotard under her sweatsuit so as to portray the image of a swimmer (for perhaps obvious reasons, she looks like a gymnast, but I've not mentioned this -- who wants to burst that bubble?). When people ask Cole what sort of Olympian he is, his response has been to simply hop on one foot, his newfound skill.

So bring on the trainers, people! oh yeah, and let's rally for singular-foot hopping and gymnastic swimming to make it to the Olympic lineup soon. Cole and Annemarie are on their way!

1 comment:

Jovi said...

wow- i thought $2.79 was good!